Roaming Eyes

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Listen With Me


I’ve been listening,
To the glistening of the water in the pools,
Telling me we are all fools, done for
Ain’t nothing to run for in our lives,
Except for our wives,
Is that all that is left, the theft of our own lives
In front of our own eyes, with the society feeding us a bunch of lies,
Asking us to run around in circles for nothing
Aren’t our lives to be about something?
Other than just money, competition and libations
Where do passion and love fit into the equation?
Of life and our definition of success,
It ain’t about a million dollars or buying a Lexus   
Instead it’s about your brothers and sisters
Giving and getting your love, get it misters?
I don’t know where you come from
But listen. Let it hear your eardrum,
We all in the same planet
We can’t really fuck with it
Anymore, cause we aint got no time
And I aint lying
So let’s get our shit together
And I ain’t saying we will live forever
But at least your grandkids will see the day of light
And the stars at night and figure out what’s right
And please I say, lets win this fight
At the end of the day…..

No comments: